Laura Terry Powell
Laura Terry Powell is a native of Moulton, Alabama and a graduate of Lawrence County High School. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Alabama followed by her law degree from Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama.
Laura joined the Alabama Bar in April 2011. As a litigator, Laura’s practice includes family law, criminal defense, insurance defense, civil litigation, and appellate work throughout North Alabama. She also serves as guardian ad litem for children involved in litigation.
In her spare time, Powell enjoys attending Alabama Football games and spending time with family on Lewis Smith Lake.
- 2011, Alabama and U.S. District Court,
Northern District of Alabama
- Cumberland School of Law of
Samford University, J.D., December
- University of Alabama, B.A.,
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Morgan County Bar Association
- Lawrence County Bar Association
- Vice President of North Alabama
Women’s Legal Association
- American Bar Association
- President, Lawrence County Bar
Community & Civic Involvement:
- Rebuilding Together Morgan County – former member, Board of Directors
- Lawrence County Rotary Club – Past President
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alabama
- Agricultural Initiative Career Day – member, Board of Directors